Friday, August 18, 2017

Research Interest

I am freshly graduate Master of Science in Geoinformatics from Muenster University Muenster, Germany. Here in this blog I will try to content the project I have done during my study. Similarly, it includes geospatial and its related article to let the people know about geospatial research and it's findings throughout the worlds.

Research Interest:
My research interests focus on related areas such as spatial vulnerability assessment, spatial information infrastructure, spatial-temporal modeling and analysis, precise agriculture, spatial data integration, intelligence, cognitive, natural hazards, disasters as well as risk management, and crime analysis. Furthermore, smart agriculture, and cities, sensor mapping, land management, climate change, environmental planning, water management, risk management, urban and regional planning. The first is the spatial and individual vulnerability due to climate change, a subject, which I initially explored in my master thesis through a study of vulnerability assessment of indigenous communities to climate change in Nepal. I had some experience on this vulnerability assessment, which I had gained in Kritipur communities project for vulnerability assessment of earthquake. I continue to be interested in spatial information system where I was involved in the International Training Centre to develop a mobile and web platform for creating and sharing integrated land and climate change information for mountain communities (Dolkha district, Nepal).
During my studies, I explored the phenomenon of spatial cognition and intelligence through the case study performed on the Muenster all-weather zoo. In this study, performed a survey on how people navigate in the zoo and coming to the zoo. Through case studies of a participant in or coming to the zoo I explored how people perceived the different environment and imaginative associations attached to navigate. I was also interested in the potential of public display for daily use, with a particular emphasis on the spatial information helpful for direction, navigation, and awareness.

Current Research Projects
I am currently working on three projects: one is the Livelihood vulnerability assessment of indigenous communities of Nepal. This builds on my interests in working on marginal and backward communities will be a helpful framework for formulating suitable policy measures to address their livelihood. Another one is a mobile and web platform for creating and sharing integrated land and climate change information for mountain communities (Dolkha district, Nepal).
The other project is a study of Observed and Perceived Climate Change Analysis in the Terai Region, Nepal. Mann-Kendall and Sen’s estimator of slope test were used to detect possible temperature and precipitation trend and its magnitude respectively. Similarly, the perception of people for the last 5 years was collected through a household survey.

No comments:

Post a Comment